Thank you Mum Overboard https://crystalstylesthoughts.wordpress.com for the nomination!
The rules are:
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
- 2. Answer 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to do the same.
4. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have dual British/Italian nationality thanks to an Italian father and English mother.
- I was born in Willesden Green, North London and still think London one of the most exciting cities in the world.
- I used to be a fashion buyer for a big British chain and was paid to travel the world looking at clothes, fabric and shops – my ideal job.
- When I married and got pregnant I left my job. I had three wonder ful children in four years. One girl and two boys.
- When the children started school I embarked on a period of study at college and University. I re-trained as an artist.
- I am now a printmaker/conceptual artist with a studio in Tring, Hertfordshire, UK.
- I practice my art and teach a new print process called Solar Plate Printmaking which is non-toxic and fixes images onto metal plates using UV light (sunlight).
- I have two sisters and no brothers like Crystal and am the middle one. I was the youngest for fifteen years and then my world was blown apart.
- My younger sister is now a top selling crime novelist and I find it irritating when I recognise some of my own traits in one of her characters.
- My father died in 2002 and I was devastated, and although he was ninety I never expected it. My mother died two days before Christmas 2014 and I am still grieving.
- My children are now all married and I have two wonderful grandchildren, a girl and a boy whom I adore. Being a grandmother (Nonna in my case) is wonderful, you get all the fun of playing and stimulating young children and none of the responsibilities.
Q & A
- Q. How old were you when you started driving?
- I love driving and learned when I was around 20 or 21. I love Formula One racing and support Ferrari – of course!
- Q. Did you go to college/university?
- Yes, but not until I was an adult and had my children. Combining child-care and study was a challenge.
- Q. When did you start blogging and why?
- I only started blogging last year. I am writing a book and wanted to introduce a second voice to the plot line and hit upon interspersing the linear story with retrospective Blogs in order to fill in some of the ideas I would eventually be dealing with. So I needed to practice a ‘blog’ voice, hence my own blog site, but now I am hooked and just enjoy the blogging for its own sake and love meeting new people from all around the world.
- Q. If you could have 3 wishes granted what would they be?
- 1. To be offered a solo exhibition of my work in London (or Paris, Rome or New York or all three!)..
- For my book to be really good – I have no idea yet as it’s not finished and anyhow I can’t be subjective about it.
- For all my family and friends to be happy and healthy. (This should be first I think.)
- Q. What was your favourite subject in elementary school?
- Always Art followed by Biology, then Needlework and English Literature tying for third.
- Q. Do you have pets?
- No not anymore. We had three cats one for each child but now they are gone and I am spending a lot of time away on grandmotherly and daughterly duties it seems unkind to own a pet and leave it for long periods for my husband to look after. If I did have one though, I’d love a dog.
- Q. Do you have children?
- Yes, three. See No. 4 above.
- Q. favourite meal?
- Fetuccini with Truffles. Absolutely delicious.
- Q. If you were stranded on an island and could only have three songs with you, what would they be?
- 1. The overture to La Traviatta by Verdi.
- San Francisco (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair). By John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas and sung by Scott McKenzie.
- Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo
- Q. What is your favourite season?
- Autumn. But then now is Autumn and I usually love each one as they come around.
- Q. favourite colour?
- Black, but then that’s not strictly speaking a colour so I’ll have to choose Red.
- Q Where would you live if you could chose anywhere in the world?
- Would you choose to live forever if the technology existed to let you?
- Do you hope that there are other planets that support life?
- If there is alien life out there would you like to meet them?
- Do you think it is ever right to take another person’s life?
- What is the reason/and or meaning behind your blog’s title.
- How many digital devices do you have and which is your favourite?
- What is your favourite form of entertainment?
- Do you like the place where you live and why?
- What was your best/favourite subject at school?
- What depresses you most?